Friday, May 15, 2009

My crazy Teachers' day in Korea

Today was teachers’ day here in Korea and it was maybe my scariest day so far here. The day is almost over, but I know I won't soon forget it. This morning before classes we had a ceremony for the teachers. The students presented each teacher with a corsage. This meant that 1st period was short because of the ceremony. During my 2nd period my co teacher brought in a cake that the students had bought us. It was crazy having 36 students munching down on cake and making big messes. I had 3rd period off and went into my office where there were more treats to eat. One of the craziest being offered was beer. Yes that’s right in the teachers offices there were serving beer! They asked me if I would like to have one. I said no thank you, laughed to my self, and thought oh Korea. I made a joke saying maybe my student will drive me to drink lol. I didn’t eat in the cafeteria today, but heard they were serving beer there for your drink… crazy in Korea you can drink at school. When my 4th period started I had the scariest Korean moment to date. I had a student have an epileptic seizer during class. I freaked out and had no clue what to do (I checked online so if it happens again I am prepared). My 5th period was pretty normal and I have 6th period free. I am hoping that nothing else too crazy happens today… never know? I am also glad that this freak day is almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment