Sunday, June 7, 2009

Saying goodbye


So probably everyone knows that I have mixed feelings about being here in Korea. I am always torn about staying or leaving. For instance this weekend I had such a great time with my friends just hanging out laughing and having a good time which makes me think why would I ever leave? But at the same time most of my friends are going to start leaving to go back to their home country. This makes me sad because I feel as though the people I have met here have helped me maintain my sanity, because Korea is a crazy place to live.  If it were not for my friends here in Korea I would have lost it a long time ago. People that I have met from all over the world have been such a saving grace to me. I am so so so sad to see these people who have meant so much to me, who have been a huge part of my life in Korea start to leave. I feel super blessed that I have had such a wonderful opportunity to know such wonderful people and to experience so many different cultures while here. I wonder if there is the chance of being involved in each others lives once we have all parted ways. Sure there are the promises that we all make. We will visit each others country, lets plan exciting trips together, lets be at each others weddings.... but I really wonder, will we really still be friends outside Korea? Or after they or I have left will it be the final goodbye? Friends that I have made here would be the only thing to keep me here longer. I guess since they are all going to start saying goodbye to Korea, soon so shall I. 

No comments:

Post a Comment