Saturday, June 20, 2009

Growth means change and change involves risks, stepping from the known to the unknown

The other day I was reading this really great book that I am about to finish "The Shack". I really hesitated to read it because I honestly didn't want to. But had heard so much about it and thought that I would start and if I didn't like it I would put it down and pick up something else. Honestly I have to say that the book really surprised me. I didn't think that I would enjoy it as much as I have. I recommend it very highly. It's a quick read and tells a very lovely story. Please read and enjoy. There is a quote from the book that I really loved. "Growth means change and change involves risks, stepping from the known to the unknown."
In church our pastor has been speaking on Turning adversity into opportunity, which I have really enjoyed. I have been journaling about it and has really opened a lot up to me. I am working on turning my own adversities into opportunity. I sometimes feel as though the adversities I have or am facing are pointless, but it's not true. Everything I go through or will go through can be looked at one of two ways. I can look at the situation and think why? Why is this happening why can't it be another way? Or I can look at the situation and say Ok God I don't know why, but I trust you. "Growth means change and change involves risks, stepping from the known to the unknown." I am growing, changing, taking risks, and stepping into the unknown and a excited about what lies a head. 
I am trying to be a person that I have wanted to be for a long time. A better version of me. I am taking chances, living fully, not sweating the small stuff, and trying to be happy. I want to be this person who says I am happy and really mean it. I am going to go and do what I feel my heart is telling me to. It's been too long since I've listened to it. I understand that there are risks involved and I am willing to take them so that I can live a full life. 

A bird is not defined by being grounded, but by his ability to fly. Remember this humans are not defined by their limitations, but by their intentions that I have for them; not by what they seem to be, but by everything it means to be created in my image. ~God

No comments:

Post a Comment