Friday, April 15, 2011

This one's for the ladies

Ok this has been on my mind lately so I've decided to write about it. Hopefully I'm not the only person who struggles with this, but maybe... I have a lot of self confidence issues and have been trying to find out what God says about me instead of what I say or others say. I've struggled with this for a LONG time and am just sick of feeling so negative about myself. I've looked in all the wrong places trying to find something or someone who can make me feel better about myself and it's not worked.

Ok it's get real time. These are some specific things I struggle with in the self esteem area things like feelings of not being good enough, pretty enough, skinny enough, smart enough... other thoughts. But I'm sick of feeling this way about myself and want to seek and believe what God says about me, not what the world says. I've looked at magazines, movies, and men to try to find myself or a better me. I've never wanted to admit that I looked to these sources to make me feel better about myself but it's true. I've looked and movies and magazines to try to figure out what type of woman I should be and I've looked to men to confirm what they say. In doing this I felt empty and far from what they said. In comparing myself to something that's unreal and unattainable I end up losing myself completely. Instead of filling myself up I felt empty, shallow, and was neglecting the person inside.

Now I'm trying to turn to God to fulfill this emptiness I feel.

So here are a somethings that the Bible says

Psalm 139:13

Jeremiah 1:5

Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you. Before you were born, I set you apart for my holy purpose. I appointed you to be a prophet to the nations."

Even before I was born God knew me. He loved me and knew what my purpose would be. He has great plans for me and my life. How amazing is it that He loved me before I was even formed and how amazingly he formed me into the person I am. He doesn't make mistakes. SO that means I am here for a purpose.

1 Peter 3:3-4

42

Even though it's hard in todays society It's not about the outer appearance. The way I wear my hair, clothes, or jewelry it's not what makes a person. It's about the person you are inside about striving to be pure for God.

Proverbs 31:30

Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.

Sorry if this was scattered and a little crazy. I just started writing and wanted to get it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment