Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My triathlon!!!


I just finished my first triathlon this last weekend. When I finished I was so proud of myself and never thought I would be able to do it in the past. That morning I wasn't sure about it and kept telling my friend that I would NEVER do it again... I didn't like getting up at 4:30 to go swim, bike, and run. But when I started I got an adrenaline rush and really liked it. About half way through the biking I started feeling like I needed to keep talking to myself trying to push. I couldn't listen to my ipod so I was talking like crazy to myself. But then people that I would see would start pushing. We would be passing each other and someone would say something like keep going, you're doing great, or I like your shoes (that was my favorite). It was so inspiring to have people I didn't know pushing me to keep going. When I got of the bike after 13miles my legs were like jello. When I finally got them back it was hard to run because it was hard to catch my breath. I finally got my second or third wind and my endorphins really kicked in and I finished strong!!! I can't even begin to describe how it felt to cross the finish line. It was such a rush. As soon as I started I knew I wanted to do it again. I want to keep pushing myself and maybe one day do an iron man... I'm planing on doing another sprint tri soon and hope to keep building up. I really loved it and can't wait to do another one.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you are back to blogging!!! Now you just need to update your info in your profile ;)

    Love you baby Nister...

    ReplyDelete