Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Where oh where does the time go

It's the middle of November and I can hardly believe it. I can't believe how fast time has gone by.
As my time here in Korea draws to an end I feel kind of like a nerd for how much I love truly have come to love this place. Korea has become a home to me. I have a wonderful job which I am so sad to leave in just a few short months. I love what I do and it's going to be so hard to say goodbye to my students. I really love them and working with them. There are times when I get a little sad when it's the weekend because I have such wonderful students. I want to take each one of them home with me... lol 360 Korean kids are coming home with me. They make my day everyday. They know how to make me laugh and always know when I need to laugh. Even my tennis playing students (whom I never see in class) make me smile. Every time I see them outside they always yell Ms. Shannon, wave really big, and try to speak their best English to me. Last night I saw them outside and instead of going to study they were going to the PC bong (PC room) and asked me to come play with them.

I am also going to really miss my family (friends) here in Korea. The people I have been hanging out with have become more then friends, they are like my family. I see them on a regular basis, I have meetings with them, share bug events with them, and spend the holiday's with them. They know me better than some of my family members, they are there for me, and they love me. I will truly miss all the relationships I have made here in Korea. I want to be able to say that I will see them all again some day, but I never know. Once I leave Korea I may never see them again. It breaks my heart to think about leaving and the possibility that I may never again see the people I know and love again. That all the relationships I hold dear might fade away.

I'm really getting sadder about leaving in about four months. I am excited about going home but will always love love Korea and the people here. Only about three and a half more months till I'll be heading back to the states.

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy that you will be close to be again!!! That you will be only one time zone away! haha. I love you!

    ReplyDelete