Tuesday, July 14, 2009

What are you passionate about?


Just within this past week I've had two different people ask me what I am passionate about. It really makes a person start to wonder what really drives me? The first friend who asked me said first thing that comes to your mind go. I almost immediately replied relationships. Building relationships with people and loving them. I'm reading a book about passion and how important it is to have passion. We as people need passion for whatever it is we do. Having passion for things makes us want to do a better job. Even if our passion is for keeping our homes clean, it doesn't matter. Whatever you are passionate about do it with your whole heart all the way. That's the way it's supposed to be.

My other friend e-mailed me and asked what I was passionate about, this was my response.
"I have a great passion for building relationships. I love the idea of having life-long relationships. I want more than anything to love people with my whole heart and show them love and greatness. I feel that building strong relationships is the way I can show love. To love people unconditionally and with everything the way God does. I believe that’s what it’s all about. I believe that God doesn't care if we build institutions but he cares that we build relationships with people. I think that the church can be great but that people focus too much on it sometimes instead of God. When all they should be focused on is the one who made them. I don’t feel that people come to Christ because of church but that they come because of people and the relationships they build and the love that comes from those relationships. I want people to look at me and see my relationship with God and with others and say “that’s what it’s about, that’s what I want.”

In the book I’m reading called “Life Wide Open” It talks about how people have to have passion in their lives for what they do. Here is a quote from the book that I love “The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.” I love to see passionate people on fire to make a difference. So much of what we do of who we are is determined by how passionate we are. It may cost a lot but if you do it with your whole heart passionately it is worth it.

"Passion is not cheap. But it is real; it is priceless. It may cost your life, but it will save your soul."
"Work at it with all your heart. The strength of the passionate life is pouring our heart and soul- our very life into what we do. Our world is incomplete until each one of us discovers what moves us- our passion."

What are you passionate about?

No comments:

Post a Comment