Friday, January 23, 2009

Am I a grownup???

Last night I met up with a friend to have dinner after work. Our conversation was very stimulating and there was a wide range of topics throughout the night. We talked about politics, futures, work, relationships... things to this nature. When we had finished and said our goodbyes I thought about our conversations. I felt like I had had one of the most grownup conversations of my life. It is funny sometime to me because I don't feel like I should be turning 25... Yes in just a few short days I'll be 25. A quarter of a century old. I'll be 5 years from 30!!!!!! ahhh, 15 from 40 Ahhhh and 25 from 50 AHHHHHH!!! Sorry I lost track there for a moment. Anyway while the conversation was riveting  as I was walking home I felt a little old. Then tonight I went to dinner with another friend and while the conversation never drifted as deep as the prior it was still a very adult dinner.  Which was followed by going down the toy isles at the Homeplus and talking about toys I wanted for my birthday lol. Which made me wonder are we really only as old as we are? When we know that we are getting older and we act it there's not a lot of fun life. But if we know we are getting older and we can still act young, well I say that's the way for me. Don't get me wrong I love behaving adult like and having grownup time... I've waited my whole life to do that. But there is also this person inside me that still loves to be silly, that inner child. I hope that that part of me never grows up.

No comments:

Post a Comment