Sunday, January 11, 2009

There are times in life when we find ourselves truly happy.


There are times in life when we find ourselves truly happy. This weekend while reflecting I realized I am. Friday night I enjoyed a night out with some girls eating and chatting for hours. Then Saturday woke up and went to a women's Bible study and celebrated a friends birthday. Then some of the girls and I met up with more friends and went ice skating and dinner to celebrate with a friend whose leaving South Korea. Then on Sunday I went to church and had an awesome worship experience and fellowship with friends. After which we went to the gym and played volleyball. Then to top of the evening a few of my friends and I went to dinner and sat to chat for a while. But more than the weekend, my life in Korea is GREAT. 

There are times in life when we really feel blessed. When we are in a good place in life, we have great friends around us, and problems seem small. I have been reflecting the past few days about how truly blessed and happy I am. I love this place where God has taken me. My life feels so full sometimes I'm not sure I could not ask for more. God has and is filling my life and I am completely happy. 

I never thought that when I came to Korea it could end up being some of the best times of my life, but being here has truly been. Of course there are negative things as well, but all in all I am loving being here and would not trade it for the world. It has been such a true blessing on my life. I can hardly even begin to describe how much I have enjoyed my time thus far. I love being here and having the opportunities that I have had and meeting some of the most amazing people I have ever met. I am shouting from the top of my lungs thank you God for filling my life with joy!!!!!!!

It is so amazing to me and I want every single person to fill this kind of joy, at least once in your life. The freedom that it brings is outstanding, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I have maybe never been this happy. Of course I miss my family and friends back home. Oh how much more joyful it would be if they were here, or experiencing this kind of joy with me. It is all because of one thing, that complete freedom found only in God. Please PLEASE take the opportunities in life to experience joy, freedom, life, love, GOD. I have always said the one thing I don't want to regret is regretting. I want to live a life to the fullest and plan on doing that, please join me in finding a passion for life, a life with no regrets. You only get one chance at it so you better enjoy it.

XOXO ~Shan

No comments:

Post a Comment