Tuesday, January 6, 2009

One of the worst things you could do to me.

I had an encounter with a Korean man a few months ago. He had told me that he had a friend who would like to take English and wanted to know if I would like to teach him. I agreed and gave him my phone number. After a few missed calls and failed return calls I decided that it probably was not going to happen. Last Saturday morning on my way into work (because of being off on Christmas and New Years day) I ran into the man. He asked me if I was still interested in meeting his friend. I said yes, thinking that I could stand to make a little extra cash. So I agreed to meet them both the following Sunday. So Sunday after church I rushed back over to my side of town excited to meet the Korean man and his friend hoping to set up a private lesson. What I got was totally unexpected. When I walked in I knew right away that I had been tricked. There sitting with the Korean man was an English man. I was furious to say the least. I was being set up by a Korean man. I played it cool and went along after about twenty minutes the Korean man all of a sudden had somewhere to go. I decided to tell the man that I had no I deal why this had gone on. I told him that I was told that I was coming in hopes of getting a private lesson, not a date. He laughed a little and apologized for his friend, saying that he is always trying to set him up. After all the awkwardness was out on the table I excused myself and left a bit heated. I was so angry because I was lied to. Those of you who know me, know that that is one of things that I hate the most. I tried to excuse the Korean man for what he had done, but I was angry. I took the rest of the day to relax and not think about it. Even now when I think about it I get a little upset. I hate when I am lied to, it makes me angry. I know that anger is not good or to be angry with a person so I had to get it off my chest. If I happen to run into this Korean man again I might give him a little piece of my mind. I will not be rude, but I will let him know that it upset me that he lied to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment